Sunday, 23 June 2013

Destruction of the Oak

Destruction of the Oak








In this painting we have half the leaf affected by pollution and the other half is a natural death

Last summer was my summer of contentment.
I spent most of the summer at the cottage with my family.
I had endless lazy days of walking the beach,  playing in the water with the kids.
It gave me time to reflex and I found I had so much to be thankful for.
After spending countless hours on the beach I started to collect beach glass, interesting pieces of rusty metal, plastic, cans,driftwood, and pottery.

Finally fall came, the urge to paint the leaves was strong. This time I wanted to incorporate some of the waste that I found in the lake. Pollution is destroying our environment and we need to be careful.
of how it affects are trees,water and environment.
The pieces of rusty metal were perfect! It mimics the look of acid rain and fungus.


Veronica




No comments:

Post a Comment